We had a wonderful day yesterday. Loaded a bunch of brush into the truck and took it to the dump. On the way home we stopped at a greenhouse and bought some hanging baskets and other flowers. Today, when we were transplanting the plants and flowers, I put some of them (I think they are perennials) in the ground in our new little flower garden. The bulbs I planted a couple of weeks ago are not growing, but I am not giving up on them until next year. The flower bed doesn't look very full now, but I also want to add some wildflowers that are supposed to attract butterflies. Keeping up with the weeds will be the biggest challenge.
My DH called me at 8am to ask if I wanted to go for a walk when he got home from work. Sure, I said, trying to be cheery, even though he had awakened me from a strange dream. My plan was to get back on track with diet and exercise today, so that was great timing. I put on some jeans that were less than clean, pulled my hair back in a pony tail, slipped on a t-shirt and sweatshirt and waited for his arrival. Shortly after he got home, I was checking out Yoville (almost have enough coin to buy my Cape Cod) when DH made a disgusted noise...he was trying to put my shoes on. You see, my feet are big and so we get our shoes mixed up easily. Anyway, we got our walking shoes on and away we went. It was cold...32 degrees! It was good to get out and walk...I have had so many things going on the last couple weeks that I have really ignored good eating habits and exercise has only been hit or miss. We were walking under the railroad underpass (highline as they call it here) and spotted a tin...
Comments
Post a Comment