As I search the internet for jobs and try to decide what is next for me in the work world - I am trying to get some things done around the house. I have been keeping up with dishes and have even cooked a few meals! Lots of other things I need to get to. A guy that my husband works with gave us a cabbage. A huge cabbage! Today I was adventurous and decided to make sauerkraut. I am not a big fan, but what the heck - you can only eat so much cabbage. I found a recipe online - one that is done by canning the sauerkraut, not letting it sit in a crock for weeks. I don't think I cut it thin enough. It didn't say to shred it...just to slice it very thin. You can see by my picture that I didn't do very well at that. So 10 days from now, we are supposed to have sauerkraut. It was really simple and if it turns out well, I will post the recipe and give credit to the person who supplied it. I don't want to give them a bad name if I just didn't do it right!
My DH called me at 8am to ask if I wanted to go for a walk when he got home from work. Sure, I said, trying to be cheery, even though he had awakened me from a strange dream. My plan was to get back on track with diet and exercise today, so that was great timing. I put on some jeans that were less than clean, pulled my hair back in a pony tail, slipped on a t-shirt and sweatshirt and waited for his arrival. Shortly after he got home, I was checking out Yoville (almost have enough coin to buy my Cape Cod) when DH made a disgusted noise...he was trying to put my shoes on. You see, my feet are big and so we get our shoes mixed up easily. Anyway, we got our walking shoes on and away we went. It was cold...32 degrees! It was good to get out and walk...I have had so many things going on the last couple weeks that I have really ignored good eating habits and exercise has only been hit or miss. We were walking under the railroad underpass (highline as they call it here) and spotted a tin...
Comments
Post a Comment