Skip to main content

Prayer Journaling and weekly update

Good Sunday morning!

This has been a good week.  I have been giving a lot of thought to me, my issues and how God is helping me overcome them.

Last fall, I started using a prayer journal to improve my communication with the Lord. It has worked wonderfully!  I take the time each morning to sit with my journal and a cup of coffee and talk to God.  I realized that my prayer life wasn't what it could, or should be since I wasn't really giving all my attention to God.  It was like sitting talking to a friend and trying to multi-task three other things.  You don't really connect with that person and they probably feel like you aren't paying attention.  God deserves more attention from me - and I deserve to take that time to connect with Him.

I started by reading a bunch of different suggestions on Pinterest - they were very helpful in getting me started.  I bought a spiral bound journal and started writing.  I spent lots of time sitting and thinking about what I wanted to do and how I wanted to arrange my journal. 

When I started doing this, I also started taking time to be quiet and listen.  Anyone who knows me, knows how difficult that is for me!  As I was thinking about/praying about the drug epidemic in our state and nation today, I felt a very strong call toward taking action to do so.

It was February 25th when I finally got my sign.  That day, I found out that the church was starting a restoration and recovery program.  The following day I called and left a message for the director of the program.  There is a lot more to be told about that story, but the point I want to make today is that I started out thinking this was just about me helping others and I now realize that my issues are real and I need help, too.  This is not only about helping others, but about allowing God to help me to overcome my compulsive behaviors.

I can't wait to see where God takes me on this journey.

Have a blessed day!
Missy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

walk on a chilly morning

My DH called me at 8am to ask if I wanted to go for a walk when he got home from work. Sure, I said, trying to be cheery, even though he had awakened me from a strange dream. My plan was to get back on track with diet and exercise today, so that was great timing. I put on some jeans that were less than clean, pulled my hair back in a pony tail, slipped on a t-shirt and sweatshirt and waited for his arrival. Shortly after he got home, I was checking out Yoville (almost have enough coin to buy my Cape Cod) when DH made a disgusted noise...he was trying to put my shoes on. You see, my feet are big and so we get our shoes mixed up easily. Anyway, we got our walking shoes on and away we went. It was cold...32 degrees! It was good to get out and walk...I have had so many things going on the last couple weeks that I have really ignored good eating habits and exercise has only been hit or miss. We were walking under the railroad underpass (highline as they call it here) and spotted a tin...

Getting ready for P90X

One of my goals is that when I have lost 28 pounds, I will start doing the P90X workouts. I bought the set of DVD's two years ago and was just too heavy and out of shape to do them. I tried, but it was too much for me to sustain. Now I am 6 pounds away from meeting my goal so I started looking at the program last night...specifically the eating plan. I did all the figuring and it came out that I should eat 2400 calories a day when doing the workout. I can't imagine that is correct, I am sure that with the job that I have...spending much of my time in a car or sitting in meetings, that will be too much. Right now I eat between 1300 and 1500 calories a day, burn around 1100 calories in my workouts and I lose 1-2 pounds a week. I wonder if that calculation is based on maintaining weight and building endurance and muscle....who knows? I will have to research it further. The other thing is that I don't know if I will do the P90X every day, or if I will do other workouts, li...

Weigh in day! One month with SP

Today marks my one month anniversary for being back on track with Sparkpeople and my 49 day on this blog challenge. I lost three pounds! I feel great, eat good food and exercise regularly, but I don't over do it! I look forward to another good week. I am not falling into that trap of 'treating myself' on weigh in days, I have to eat as healthy today as I did every other day. I don't want to eat anything that will impede my weight loss and good health!