Skip to main content

Short Story

I would love for you to visit my Yahoo page. I have published a short story there:



Cassandra stood by the closed and locked window and squinted out into the afternoon sun. She flattened her palm against the pane as if she were trying to touch the outside, the sky, the very air. "I want to experience it again. I want to lie on the sand and feel the sun warming my skin. It's a wonder I don't have skin cancer…my girlfriends and I logged way too many hours slathered in baby oil and iodine! The wind…the…air…the…sun…" She began to sob.
"Baby oil and iodine, what was that, a homemade suntan oil?" Dr. Sanderson knew the answer, he had an aunt who used the same technique and even as a young boy, it hadn't seemed like a good idea to him. The question was for Cassie's benefit.
"Yes, I'm not sure how it was supposed to work, but we all did it. We didn't have the Internet back then to look up stuff like that. I will have to research it. I think it was the oil really baking us and the iodine just added color!" She started to laugh as she walked to the kitchen to refill her coffee cup.
"You will feel it again, Cassie." read the rest of the story

I hope you enjoy it.

Happy Mother's Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting ready for P90X

One of my goals is that when I have lost 28 pounds, I will start doing the P90X workouts. I bought the set of DVD's two years ago and was just too heavy and out of shape to do them. I tried, but it was too much for me to sustain. Now I am 6 pounds away from meeting my goal so I started looking at the program last night...specifically the eating plan. I did all the figuring and it came out that I should eat 2400 calories a day when doing the workout. I can't imagine that is correct, I am sure that with the job that I have...spending much of my time in a car or sitting in meetings, that will be too much. Right now I eat between 1300 and 1500 calories a day, burn around 1100 calories in my workouts and I lose 1-2 pounds a week. I wonder if that calculation is based on maintaining weight and building endurance and muscle....who knows? I will have to research it further. The other thing is that I don't know if I will do the P90X every day, or if I will do other workouts, li...

walk on a chilly morning

My DH called me at 8am to ask if I wanted to go for a walk when he got home from work. Sure, I said, trying to be cheery, even though he had awakened me from a strange dream. My plan was to get back on track with diet and exercise today, so that was great timing. I put on some jeans that were less than clean, pulled my hair back in a pony tail, slipped on a t-shirt and sweatshirt and waited for his arrival. Shortly after he got home, I was checking out Yoville (almost have enough coin to buy my Cape Cod) when DH made a disgusted noise...he was trying to put my shoes on. You see, my feet are big and so we get our shoes mixed up easily. Anyway, we got our walking shoes on and away we went. It was cold...32 degrees! It was good to get out and walk...I have had so many things going on the last couple weeks that I have really ignored good eating habits and exercise has only been hit or miss. We were walking under the railroad underpass (highline as they call it here) and spotted a tin...

New Year is here!!

So I didn't do as well as I would have liked in my 50/50 challenge...but all is not lost! I gained about 9 pounds back, but I didn't fall too far off the wagon...kept up with exercise..just ate too much. Things are going much better now that I am motivated by the start of the new year. I am proud of myself for getting back on track before gaining all the weight back...like I usually do! Welcome to 2011!