Skip to main content

Day 9...Christmas is almost here!!

Work yesterday pretty much sucked. I had a project I was working on and the people I was working with didn't deliver which in turn reflected negatively on me. I ended up really bummed out at the end of the day. I decided that I had two choices: 1. sit around and wallow in self-pity and let it ruin my holiday or 2. Suck it up, forget about it and strive to do better in 2010. I chose option 2!

Had to get up and get to work early yesterday and today, so no walking. I am beat tonight, especially after all the lovely holiday travelers increased my 2 hour ride home to 3.5 hours!!! All I want to do is eat cookies and sleep...well, maybe a cup of coffee!!!

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting ready for P90X

One of my goals is that when I have lost 28 pounds, I will start doing the P90X workouts. I bought the set of DVD's two years ago and was just too heavy and out of shape to do them. I tried, but it was too much for me to sustain. Now I am 6 pounds away from meeting my goal so I started looking at the program last night...specifically the eating plan. I did all the figuring and it came out that I should eat 2400 calories a day when doing the workout. I can't imagine that is correct, I am sure that with the job that I have...spending much of my time in a car or sitting in meetings, that will be too much. Right now I eat between 1300 and 1500 calories a day, burn around 1100 calories in my workouts and I lose 1-2 pounds a week. I wonder if that calculation is based on maintaining weight and building endurance and muscle....who knows? I will have to research it further. The other thing is that I don't know if I will do the P90X every day, or if I will do other workouts, li...

walk on a chilly morning

My DH called me at 8am to ask if I wanted to go for a walk when he got home from work. Sure, I said, trying to be cheery, even though he had awakened me from a strange dream. My plan was to get back on track with diet and exercise today, so that was great timing. I put on some jeans that were less than clean, pulled my hair back in a pony tail, slipped on a t-shirt and sweatshirt and waited for his arrival. Shortly after he got home, I was checking out Yoville (almost have enough coin to buy my Cape Cod) when DH made a disgusted noise...he was trying to put my shoes on. You see, my feet are big and so we get our shoes mixed up easily. Anyway, we got our walking shoes on and away we went. It was cold...32 degrees! It was good to get out and walk...I have had so many things going on the last couple weeks that I have really ignored good eating habits and exercise has only been hit or miss. We were walking under the railroad underpass (highline as they call it here) and spotted a tin...

New Year is here!!

So I didn't do as well as I would have liked in my 50/50 challenge...but all is not lost! I gained about 9 pounds back, but I didn't fall too far off the wagon...kept up with exercise..just ate too much. Things are going much better now that I am motivated by the start of the new year. I am proud of myself for getting back on track before gaining all the weight back...like I usually do! Welcome to 2011!