Skip to main content

Finding Strength in God

I have a family member who is in a dark place.  I have been praying for strength to reach out to this person and help to pull them out of the darkness.  I know that God will give me the words.  I find joy in the fact that when we have concerns and don't, in our human frailty, know how to deal with them, the Lord leads us in the right direction.  I was reading a book that mentioned "mind binding spirits".  I never heard this term before, in fact, I am finding that many terms that I am not familiar with are coming to my attention.  They all have great meaning for me.  I have been reading about strongholds that Satan builds in our minds.  The Mind Binding Spirits go right along with the strongholds to hurt us and hold us back from so many things.  I was drawn to research more about these spirits, or demons and I came across a prayer. As I read it, I realized that it could apply to my loved one. I took that prayer and adapted it to the situation that we are facing, the situation that my loved one faces on a daily basis.  

It was with some fear and trepidation that I turned in this direction.  Some of the information that came up in my searches sounded like witchcraft - so that scared me.  I got the feeling that I wasn't supposed to do this, that I wasn't prepared, that I wasn't...I don't know...Holy enough?  Then I found this verse: Mark 16:17 - "These miraculous signs will accompany those who believe: They will cast out demons in My name, and they will speak in new languages"

I realized what was happening. Satan was trying to get us to back off...he doesn't want us to reach out and help this person.  I know that I, that we do not have the power to cast out the demons of self-doubt and addiction, but that in Jesus' name it will be done.  God led me to read the book that brought me to this knowledge - He led me to read more - He would not have led me here if I wasn't supposed to know this, or pray this prayer.

So, as my spiritual life takes a very different turn, I will go forward with the Lord's blessing and stand up to the demons who surround my loved one!

God Bless you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Monday!  Not quite as cold today - but still fall-like. Left work early today to go to a Dr. appointment - now I have a little extra time to relax before heading to Celebrate Recovery tonight.  I will tell you more about this wonderful ministry some other time, but feel free to Google the name to learn more. My husband looked back at some pictures he took this summer when my sister and her husband were visiting.  My brother-in-law passed away a couple of week ago, after a battle with cancer.  DH cropped down this pic for me - I love it! Have a blessed night! Missy

August 1951...Roy's view

It was raining, but that wasn’t abnormal these days, August had been a very wet month, it seemed like it rained every day. Roy’s friend, Luther had driven to pick up his sister and her daughter and they would be stopping by any time now. Roy was glad that they were coming to visit. Over the past year, his thoughts had often turned to Ellen. He wanted an excuse to go back to Luther’s home so he could see Ellen and her sweet little daughter, Leah. Finally, he didn’t need any excuse, they were coming here! He heard a car pull up, but was disappointed to find it was just a customer pulling up for gas. His sister Peggy headed out to the pumps, but Roy stopped her. “I’ll get it,” he said, “You don’t need to go out there and get soaked.” As the day wore on, he began to think that they weren’t going to show up. “Maybe it would be tomorrow,” he thought. “You look like your waiting for someone, Roy, what’s going on?” his mother, Jane asked. “It’s just that Luther and his sister should be getting

Merry Christmas!

It has been ages since I have posted anything here....just get busy with other things and don't find the time. Thought I would stop by to say Merry Christmas!  I would also love it if you would check out my other blog -  Training Tips   I post there much more often and share tips and information about employee training...that's my work passion! We had a nice dinner in Hershey today at  Lebbie Lebkicher's  at the Hershey Lodge. Very good food ...but probably too much chocolate!  They even had chocolate balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing!!  Anyone who knows me knows I am a chocoholic but that was too much even for me!!! We were getting a cup of coffee after dinner and a little girl came up to my DH and said "Hi Santa Clause!"  He has white hair and a beard and mustache and ...ok...he is kind of shaped like Santa!  She was so cute and I think she really thought he was Santa. After that we stopped by my sister-in-law's house to exchange gifts. We had a ve