Skip to main content

Two more days till weigh in.

I only weigh myself one time a week.  The scale can become an enemy if I allow it to entice me to step on more than that.  This week I am excited to weigh in.  I like to set small goals for myself and if I can reach my goal of losing 2 pounds this week, I will be at a total of 30 pounds lost!!!  What an accomplishment!  It hasn't even been hard.  There are days that I am tired and don't feel like working out. I do it anyway.  There are days that I feel like eating a bag of chocolate chip cookies (the greatest food ever invented) but I don't. I eat an apple or a banana or a cup of yogurt instead.

Something that has helped me is "free Sundays"  I eat what I want on Sunday. I don't count my calories on Sunday. I am happy to say that even when I do this, my healthy habits override some very bad decisions. I find that when I treat myself to a higher calories meal or treat, I fill up quicker and still don't eat too much.  I feel satisfied. This helps me get through the week at times. If I am really craving something, I tell myself that I just have to wait till Sunday and I can have the treat. Sometimes I am not even hungry for it by then.

So wish me luck, I have two more days till Free Sunday Weigh In day!!!

Don't forget to check out my Yahoo contributor page

Stay healthy!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

walk on a chilly morning

My DH called me at 8am to ask if I wanted to go for a walk when he got home from work. Sure, I said, trying to be cheery, even though he had awakened me from a strange dream. My plan was to get back on track with diet and exercise today, so that was great timing. I put on some jeans that were less than clean, pulled my hair back in a pony tail, slipped on a t-shirt and sweatshirt and waited for his arrival. Shortly after he got home, I was checking out Yoville (almost have enough coin to buy my Cape Cod) when DH made a disgusted noise...he was trying to put my shoes on. You see, my feet are big and so we get our shoes mixed up easily. Anyway, we got our walking shoes on and away we went. It was cold...32 degrees! It was good to get out and walk...I have had so many things going on the last couple weeks that I have really ignored good eating habits and exercise has only been hit or miss. We were walking under the railroad underpass (highline as they call it here) and spotted a tin...

Getting ready for P90X

One of my goals is that when I have lost 28 pounds, I will start doing the P90X workouts. I bought the set of DVD's two years ago and was just too heavy and out of shape to do them. I tried, but it was too much for me to sustain. Now I am 6 pounds away from meeting my goal so I started looking at the program last night...specifically the eating plan. I did all the figuring and it came out that I should eat 2400 calories a day when doing the workout. I can't imagine that is correct, I am sure that with the job that I have...spending much of my time in a car or sitting in meetings, that will be too much. Right now I eat between 1300 and 1500 calories a day, burn around 1100 calories in my workouts and I lose 1-2 pounds a week. I wonder if that calculation is based on maintaining weight and building endurance and muscle....who knows? I will have to research it further. The other thing is that I don't know if I will do the P90X every day, or if I will do other workouts, li...

Weigh in day! One month with SP

Today marks my one month anniversary for being back on track with Sparkpeople and my 49 day on this blog challenge. I lost three pounds! I feel great, eat good food and exercise regularly, but I don't over do it! I look forward to another good week. I am not falling into that trap of 'treating myself' on weigh in days, I have to eat as healthy today as I did every other day. I don't want to eat anything that will impede my weight loss and good health!